LUT will be conducting phone banks for Senator Todd Kaminsky and Senate candidate Adam Haber on Thursday November 3 at the NYSUT office located at 1000 Woodbury Rd in Woodbury. The phone bank will go from 3-8 PM. If you can't make the phone bank, you can call from home. The Virtual Phone Bank will also be open from 3-8 PM today. If you are using the Virtual Phone Bank, the code is 970112A-1247. Directions on how to use the Virtual Phone Bank are below. Both of these candidates have pledged to stand up for Public Education, but they need our help to get elected. This year big money, charter school interests have spent millions to try and elect anti-union candidates to the State Assembly and Senate. By helping Kaminsky and Haber get elected, we are ensuring that we have two strong, Pro-Teacher voices in Albany. One hour of your time is all that we ask to ensure the future of your career.
Virtual Phone Banks Sign Up/Sign On Directions
1. Go to the website - www.openvpb.com (If you only see a button saying "Log in with ActionID" then click it)
2. Click on the tab "Create action ID" (If you already have an account, then just log in here)
3. Enter your home email address
4. Enter (make-up) a password for the purpose of this account
5. Type your first and last name
6. Type your phone number
7. Enable Two-Step Verification - your choice to do or not.
8. You will be done at this point and you can close out. To go to a live phone bank retype www.openvpb.com and enter your Phone bank code. CODE: 970112A-1247 (Case sensitive)
9. Remember your account. It is yours. No one else can access it. You will need it when you enter any virtual phone bank in the future.