The LUT strongly supports Assembly members Todd Kaminsky and Amy Paulin's comprehensive legislation that will bring common sense back to New York State Education. Combined, the five bills will:
- End over-testing and require full test transparency (A09584 - Kaminsky)
- Restore local control and repeal receivership law (A09578 - Kaminsky)
- Create needed alternative pathways to graduation for students (A09579 - Kaminsky)
- Decouple teacher/principal evaluations from test results (A09626 - Kaminsky)
- Decouple financial penalties from teacher/principal evaluation plans if not in place by this Fall & require an expert committee to develop a research-based teacher/principal evaluation plan (A09461-Paulin)
To find the names and addresses of your elected officials, click here.