LEVITTOWN UNITED TEACHERS
SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS FUND
150 Abbey Lane
Levittown, NY 11756
For our benefits booklet, forms and information please see below.
Supplemental Benefits Fund:
- Click here to download the Summary of Legal Services Benefits
- Memorandum of Agreement to Add Legal Plan
- Results of Legal Service Plan Vote
Lawyers from Mirkin and Gordon, P.C. are available for in person appointments on the following dates:
- September 20th
- October 18th
- November 15th
- December 20th
Members should contact the firm at (516) 466-6030 to make an appointment. Members should also feel free to contact the firm at any time for any legal matter with which they might require assistance.
- Payable no more than once per plan year.
- Plan year begins September 1 and ends August 31.
- Allowance of up to $225 for each eligible member.
- Allowance of up to $225 for one (1) eligible dependent.
- An additional benefit of up to $175 for a second eligible dependent.
- Services covered include examinations; prescription glasses; frame repair and replacement; lens replacement; contact lenses; and optical appliances
- Discounts on LASIK procedures offered by GVS through QualSight LASIK.
Hearing Aid Benefit:
- Effective for hearing aids received on or after March 1, 2022
- Benefit for covered members and their eligible dependents
- Benefit is secondary to that provided by your basic health plan
- Reimbursement is for cost of hearing aid device only (exam, fitting, repairs, and batteries are not covered by the Fund)
- The maximum benefit is up to $2,000 per covered individual, payable once during the frequency limitation period, upon the placement of a covered hearing aid appliance. This amount is the total allowance for reimbursement without a per ear limitation. This benefit is per person, not per ear.
- Frequency Limitation Period: Reimbursement will only be allowed once every four (4) years (48 months); for enrollees twelve (12) and under, once every twenty-four (24) months if existing hearing aid can no longer compensate for the child’s hearing loss.
Dental Insurance is S.I.D.S. At participating providers there are no “out of pocket” expenses on routine procedures.
- $2,125 max per person per year.
Please call the LUT office or go online directly to asonet.com BEFORE you go to a dentist if you are unsure of coverage.
You can find the participating Dentists and view your personal information at the SIDS website:
EFFECTIVE 1/1/14 Major Medical Deductible Reimbursement Benefit is discontinued.
Is provided by the district. The member pays a percentage as per the contract.(payment is provided to those who waive the health insurance.)
Any question on Health insurance:
- Call the District Employee Benefits office or
- Call United Health Care or
- Visit online
EFFECTIVE 10/1/16 Short Term Disability Benefit is Discontinued
EFFECTIVE 1/1/14 Major Medical Deductible Reimbursement Benefit is discontinued